Local Information and 2014 Events
89th Annual Pony Swim/Auction and Fireman’s Carnival
- Pony Swim and Penning – July 30 and Auction – July 31
- Volunteer Fireman’s Carnival – June 27-28, July 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26 & July 28-Aug 2
- Old fashioned Fireworks Display – July 4th – the best Fourth of July display around!
Festivals and Other Events
- Easter Decoy & Art Festival – April 18 & 19 – Local & national carvers and artists sell their creations
- 2nd Saturday Art Stroll – April-November — Galleries & shops extend hours & host special events
- Spring Pony Roundup – Dates TBD – www.cvfc3.com for more information
- Chincoteague Seafood Festival – May 3rd – Sponsored by Chincoteague Chamber and hosted at Tom’s Cove.
- Migratory Bird Celebration – May 10th – Workshops, walks, activities and more held at the Wildlife Refuge
- Blueberry Festival – July 25-27 – Arts & crafts, food (yes, blueberries!) and music at the Chincoteague Center.
- Decoy Carver’s Assoc. Decoy Show – Aug. 30-31 – Local carvers display and sell their work
- Chili and Chowder Cook-off – Dates TBD – www.cvfc3.com for more information
- Oyster Festival – Oct. 11 – Hosted at Maddox Campground, tickets sell out quickly!
- Assateague Island Waterfowl Weekend – Nov. 27-30 – Open house with special events and programs.
- Deborah Waterfowl Show and Auction – Nov. 28-29 – Artists display for competition and sale.
- Old-fashioned Christmas Parade – Dec. 6th – Floats, bands, fire companies and more for all around!