What You’ll Find at the Museum
- 1906 New York, Philadelphia and Norfolk (later Pennsylvania) Railroad passenger station
- 1890's maintenance-of-way tool shed full of tools and other railway artifacts
- Turn-of-the-century crossing guard shanty
- Railcars lined up on the Museum's sidings
- Picnic tables and a pavilion for family reunions
- Artifacts from the many railroads that have operated on the Delmarva peninsula since the mid-1800's
Founded in 1988, the Museum is opens May 1 2011. Hours are from 12:00 pm to 4 pm Thursday through Sunday.
Located in the center of Parksley's business district with its unique shops and friendly merchants, the Museum is approx. 35 minutes from Chincoteague, and cooperates with the Greater Parksley Association in sponsoring the Parksley Spring Festival (1st Saturday in June), and the Festival of Lights (Thanksgiving thru New Years), each of which attracts thousands to our town for special days of old-fashioned fun for the whole family.